21st Nov, 2022
Minecraft mobs are AI-driven entities that resemble living creatures. They can interact with other mobs and are affected by the game's physics.
As of Minecraft 1.17, there are 73 mobs. Each mob has its own purpose, with specific drops and uses.
Mobs may be passive, like sheep, pigs and pigs, neutral, like the Iron golem or hostile, like the Skeleton. This article will focus on hostile mobs in Minecraft.
1) Creeper- Gunpowder, or under special conditions music discs and Creeper head.
2) Skeleton – Bones, Arrows, and Rarely, Bows.
3) Zombie- Rotten flesh and, rarely, one iron Ingot, carrots and potatoes. (Baked potatoes if they are killed by fire).
4) Drowsed – A Trident, copper ingots and rotten flesh.
5) Husk- Rotten flesh and, rarely, one iron Ingot, carrots and potatoes.
6) Zombie Villager- Rotten flesh and one iron ingot.
7) Slime – Slime balls 0-2
8) Blaze – Blaze Rods
9) Ghast Tear – Ghast Tear, or Gunpowder
10) Chicken Jockey-Feathers, Raw chicken, Cooked chicken (when cooked while on fire).
11) Endermite – Experience
12) Evoker-Totem of Undying, Emerald, or an Ominous banner
13) Guardian – Prismarine shards or one of the following: a raw or prismarine crystal, or no drop.
14) Hoglin- Raw porkchop (cooked porkchop, if killed by flame), leather
15) Magma Cream – Magma Cube
16) Phantom – Phantom Membrane
17) Piglin Brute-Golden pickaxe (8.5% chance).
18) Pillager-Crossbow (8.5% chance) and arrows
19) Ravager – Saddle
20) Shulker – Shulker shell
21) Silverfish – Experience
22) Stray-bones, arrows and arrow of slowness (small chance).
23. Vex – Experience
24) Vindicator- Emeralds, Ominous Banner or an enchanted iron axe (8.5 percent chance)
25) Wither Skeleton- Bones and coal, stone sword (8.5% probability) or a Wither Skeleton skull (2.5% possibility)
26) Witch – Glass bottles, Glowstone dust Gunpowder Redstone Spider eyes, Sugar or Sticks
27) Zoglin – Rotten flesh
28) Spider Jockey- Same drops like Skeletons (see below) and Spiders (“String, Spider eye”)
29) Elder Guardian – Prismarine shards and wet sponge, raw cod, (cooked cod if cooked by fire), prismarine shards
30) Skeleton Horseman – Bones, saddle (if saddled)