Ubuntu Ssh Remote Login Installation And Configuration Example
SSH is a security protocol, mainly used to encrypt remote login session data and ensure the security of data transmission. In this article we will tell you how to install and configure SSH service on Ubuntu and how to connect the ssh server from MacOS, Linux and Windows use ssh client.
1. Check Whether SSH Service Has Been Installed Or Not.
- Open a terminal and run
ps -ef|grep sshdto check whether ssh service is running or not. If you do not see the red line below, that means the ssh service is not running.How To Install Ubuntu On Virtualbox Mac
- If you connect the ssh service from MacOS or Linux, you can run below command in terminal to connect the ssh service.
- The ssh service default port number is 22, you can run
sudo gedit /etc/ssh/sshd_configto edit ssh service configuration file to change ssh service settings.
4. Connect SSH Service From Windows.
- Download putty and install it. Putty is a famous windows ssh client tool.
- Double click the putty icon to start it.
- Input ssh ip and port number in the opened putty dialog, do not forget select SSH radio button in Connection type section. Then click Open button to connect to the ssh server.
- Input user name and password in the popup window, then you can see below picture after successfully login.