How To Manage Your Time Effectively Use Rescuetime
Do you always find that your time gose so fast. You do not have enough time to complete your work even when you working very hard from morning to middle night. Where dose your time go? What task has occupy most of your time? Do you waste time every day? A lot of questions. But today i found a software which can help you to manage and analyze how your time spent accuratly. Using this tool, you can know which task has take your most time exactly with report.
The software is called
Each device that installed RescueTime client tool will gather your apps or browser usage time information, and the client tool will sent the data back to RescueTime server, then you can see the device app use time report in your account dashboard on the website.READ : How To Install Python Django In Virtual Environment
2. How To Download RescueTime Client Tool.
- Go to RescueTime home page, click SIGN IN button.
- Input correct email and password to login to it.
- Then you will be redirected to your account dashboard web page.
- At the end of the page, there is a link Download RescueTime, click this link will redirect you to the download page. This link is only shown after you login.
- In the RescueTime download page, download your required OS client tool.
3. Install RescueTime On Windows.
Install RescueTime on windows is very straight forward. Just double click the download image and follow the wizard. After the installation, you can find it running at the bottom right corner of windows task bar. Click the Go to Dashboard menu item, it will open your default web browser and login to the dashboard directly.
4. How To Use RescueTime On Linux.
4.1 Install RescueTime On Linux.
Download RescueTime linux version, my Linux is ubuntu so i download .deb image. Then install it with
sudo apt install command in terminal.
5. Install RescueTime On iOS Device.
- Open App Store on your iOS device.
- Search RescueTime in it.
- Click Get button to install it on your iOS device.
6. How To Generate The Time Usage Reports.
All the device app use time report is displayed in the user account dashboard. So you should go to the dashboard to see the time usage report. For basic usage, you do not need to configure any settings, the default application time use report is enough for you to analyze which app use your most time.
You can also define custom category to classify your app to different area, then you will know which area cost how many valuable time. From below dashboard report, i see that i cost most time on gmail, ezoic.com, wechat, youtube.com etc.